Prestige Biopharma (PBP) has been preparing for a business expansion into the development of vaccine-based therapeutics since the start of the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak as a response to the current, and potential future, viral pandemics. The design, development and implementation of the vaccine centre has resulted from that plan.
PBP is on target to complete the construction of its global-scale vaccine production facility in Osong, South Korea with a total area of approximately 8,500 (meter square) inside the Campus 2 facility of its affiliated company Prestige Biologics. With a total production capacity of 100,000 liters, PBP vaccine centre is on target to meet surging global demands for COVID 19 vaccine.
The vaccine centre initiated construction in March 2021 and is projected to start test operations from August 2021. The full production using 2,000 litre bioreactors will be processed from September.
Location: 3F of Prestige Biologics Campus I
Location: B1 of Prestige Biologics Campus I Annex
– Smart BioFactory’s Single-Use system enables mass production of vaccine in the short-term
– Reduced risk of cross contamination and increase in operational efficiency
– The world’s first smart factory system in bio-manufacturing designed based on digital AI
– Fast and convenient change-over when catering for multiple products and manufacturing processes
– Automated artificial intelligence / machine-learning-enabled process parameter control
– Real-time trending with the data from Smart Bio-Factory to Digitally Enabled Lab